I love snacks for dinner…or really anytime. This Carrot Dip is easy to throw together, stores well for 5 days and is super healthy. Dunk it with my Bagel Chips or some crunchy veggies and you are good to go.
- 6 Carrots, peeled, cut into chunks and boiled (or use 3 jars of baby food carrots!)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons Tahini, stirred
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Everything Spice
- 2 tablespoons Scallions, Sliced, for optional garnish
- Using your food processor, hand mixer or just a potato masher, combine the Carrots, Garlic, Tahini, Lemon Juice and Salt. I like this smooth, but you can leave it a little chunky.
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to get a thick, lovely dip. I use a whisk when doing this by hand.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl (if it was in the food processor) and mix in 2 tablespoons of Everything Spice. Place the dip in your serving vessel and sprinkle with remaining Everything Spice and the Scallions.
We mix in the Everything Spice out of the machine to keep the colors pretty, you can go ahead and throw them in after the Olive Oil is blended, if you prefer.
Everything Spice is a combination of Salt, Poppy Seed, Sesame Seed, Onion Flakes and Dry Garlic.