I love tomatoes. Like, in an almost unhealthy way. I will eat them until my stomach hurts. I will plant too many varieties. I will get one tattooed on my leg. Ummmm…yeah…true story. Anyway, here is a tasty way to sneak more tomatoes into your life! Great for an appetizer, lunch, brunch, or really, whenever you are hungry. Clafoutis is a French dish, a cross between a pancake and a custard and supremely easy to make.
- 2 cups Tomatoes – I like grape tomatoes, but you can use anything, roasted, raw, or well drained canned
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, chopped – Basil, Chives, Parsley – whatever soft herbs you like
- 2 tablespoons melted Butter
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
Preheat your oven to 400* and get out the blender and a pie dish
- Make the batter in your blender. Use the milk, 1/4 cup of the grated Parmesan, the herbs, butter, eggs and flour. Give it a whir for about 15 seconds until everything is nicely blended. Season with salt and pepper and one more quick buzz.
- Dump your happy tomatoes into the pie plate and spread out evenly. Pour the batter on top and then sprinkle on the remaining Parmesan.
- Slide into the oven and bake until just set, about 20 minutes. You can tell when it is done because just the center will jiggle. Let it rest on the counter for at least 5 minutes before devouring!