I never like to have a cocktail without a little something to munch on. Besides having a low alcohol tolerance, a bar snack make me feel fancy - like we are drinking in Italy or France. These nuts are easy to make, store well and are great for just random snacking.
- 3 cups Nuts - mixed or your favorite kind
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped Rosemary
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Pre heat the oven to 350* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Put the nuts in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a small saucepan and then set over a low flame until the butter is melted. The brown sugar will also melt; it is fine if there are still a few granules. Mix the spiced butter into the nuts, then spread out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the nuts are toasted. Remove from the oven, mix again (on the baking tray) and then let cool.
- Devour! Preferably with an adult beverage or a nice piece of cheese.
The nuts will keep in a sealed container at room temperature for 3 weeks.