- 1 5# Whole Chicken or 5# Chicken Pieces – we like thighs
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
1. Whirl all of the ingredients (except the chicken) around in a blender or food processor until smooth. It should look like a thick paste.
2. With your hands, smear the wet rub over the entire chicken — everywhere! Slip some underneath the skin if you don’t mind getting that friendly with the chicken.
3. Preheat the oven to 450* or light your grill and get a nice fire going. Let the bird sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking. Roast until done – 45 minutes for pieces, about 90 minutes for a whole chicken, or grill until 160*
Serve with the dip. Goes great with corn on the cob and baked potato.