Not intimidating. No weird ingredients. Just love. And Carbs.
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 oz water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch kosher salt
Food Processor Method:
- Put everything in the bowl of the food processor fitted with the metal blade. Run the machine until the dough forms a ball – about 45 seconds.
- Dump the dough onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Pat the dough into a flat circle, wrap well with the plastic and pop it into the fridge for 2 – 48 hours.
- Clean off your counter! Put the flour onto the counter or a large cutting board. Make a deep dent in the flour pile.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with the rest of the ingredients using a large fork. Pour into the dent in the flour.
- Use your fork to gradually pull the flour into the liquid, creating a soft dough. Knead for 3 minutes. Pat the dough into a flat circle, wrap well with the plastic and pop it into the fridge for 2 – 48 hours.
Stand Mixer Method:
- Set your mixer up with the flat mixing paddle. Put all of the ingredients in the work bowl. Turn the machine on low until everything is combined, then move to medium for about 2 minutes, until the dough turns into a ball.
- Set a large square of plastic wrap on the counter. Dump the dough onto the plastic. Pat the dough into a flat circle, wrap well with the plastic and pop it into the fridge for 2 – 48 hours.
Now its time to roll the dough! Clean the counter – you will want some space. Get a small bowl of flour, a rolling pin and maybe a friend. Turn up the music, roll up your sleeves. Have fun!
- Dust your work space with flour. Unwrap the dough disk and plop it onto the floured counter. Dust the top of the dough with more flour. Remember, the dough was a little wet so we could add the flour now.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2 inch. Fold in half, roll out again. Fold in half, roll out to the thickness you like your pasta. Dust the dough with flour as needed.
- You can cut your pasta with a knife, pizza wheel, biscuit cutter…whatever. I like my pizza wheel. Dust the pasta pieces with flour and put them onto a baking sheet.
- Bring a pot of water up to boil, salt generously, add the pasta and boil until al dente, about 3 minutes.
The pasta dough recipe makes enough for 2 servings. I use the same recipe whether I am making long pasta or stuffed pasta.