This delicious Roasted Red Pepper Dip is vegan and can easily be made gluten free. The hardest part is learning to pronounce the name! It comes together quickly in the food processor with pantry ingredients. Ok, I realize that my pantry has many more random ingredients from far locations around the globe – there are substitutions listed.
- 7 ounce jar Roasted Red Peppers – well drained
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs (can use gluten free bread crumbs or more walnuts)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 4 Cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pomegranate Molasses (can sub 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo Pepper (can sub 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and pinch of cayenne pepper)
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Put everything but the olive oil into the food processor. Pulse a few times to get the mixture chunky, then keep the machine on and drizzle in the olive oil with the motor running. Transfer the dip to a pretty bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. The Muhamarra will thicken slightly as it chills.
This keeps for about a week in the fridge. We like it with pita chips and as part of our mezze board dinners. I usually garnish with another drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of crushed walnuts.