My Mom, Genie aka Buttery Bubbe aka The Camera Girl makes the best Baked Beans. The proportions have changed a lot since I was a kid – there is now a lot more hot dog, and she spices it up with our favorite Chicago Giardinera. These are quick to throw together and quicker to eat!
- (6) 15 oz cans Vegetarian Baked Beans
- 2 pounds All-Beef Hot Dogs
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Giardinera
- Preheat the oven to 350* and get out a large baking dish – 4 qts or a big slow cooker.
- Mix everything together – in a separate bowl, or live dangerously and mix it right in your baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 3 hours until the top begins to burn. Alternatively, slow cook on low for 4-6 hours.
*If your family doesn’t like the topped burnt, keep the dish covered. We sometimes throw it under the broiler for extra char – just check if your dish is broiler safe!