Yes, you can buy hundreds of kinds of mustards at the grocery store. I get it, I’m a weirdo. Trust me on this, though. Once you taste the scrumptious-ness of Home Made Mustard you will be very pleased with yourself!
- 100 grams Whole Mustard Seeds – Yellow or Brown
- 150 grams Ground Mustard
- 1 cup Liquid – Water, Wine or Beer
- 6 tablespoons Vinegar – Apple Cider, Red Wine or White
- 10 grams Kosher Salt
- Slightly crush the Whole Mustard Seeds in a spice grinder or under a heavy skillet.
- Put all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl or 1 quart container. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. It may need a little more liquid.
- Store in the fridge until you eat it all or the end of time, whichever comes first!
You can customize the mustard by changing up the liquid or vinegar. You can also add chopped herbs – dry works best – or honey.