I love soup all year long. Sometimes, though, I just want a simple soup that still packs a nutritional punch. That’s when I pull out this super yummy recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 large onion – chopped
- 2 stalks celery – chopped
- 32 oz tomato – fresh or canned
- 4 roasted red bell peppers – rinse if jarred
- (1) 16 ounce can white beans – drained
- 3 cups carrot juice
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- optional herb garnish of your choice!
- Put a 4 quart pan on a burner and set to medium. Add the butter or oil, and when it is hot, add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the onion and celery and cook until just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the tomato, roasted peppers, beans and carrot juice. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower to simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a traditional or immersion blender. Check for seasoning and garnish, if you want. I like to use fresh herbs like basil and chive and my delicious Buttery Babe Parmesan Frico.
- If you don’t have carrot juice, chop up 2 carrots and add in with onion and celery, then add 3 cups of water or broth with the tomato.
- Any tomato will work – I usually have roasted tomatoes from my garden in the freezer. Canned is awesome in this – san marzano, diced, whole or even puree. No need to drain!