Everyone says that their own Deviled Egg recipe is the best. And maybe it is…or maybe it is just the best they have eaten without trying mine. The Buttery Babe Deviled Eggs are easy, delicious and super crave-worthy.
12 large eggs
½ cup mayonnaise – don’t be stingy!
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons minced chives
1 – 2 tablespoons Old Bay
- Put the eggs in a medium pot and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Put pot on a burner, turn flame to high and bring to a rolling boil. Once the water is boiling, turn the flame off (leave to pot on the burner) put the cover on the pot, and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- At 10 minutes, pour the water out of the pot. Give the eggs a vigorous shake in the pot – this will start the peeling process – and then put the eggs into a big bowl of ice water for 30 minutes.
- Peel the eggs – try not to make them too ugly! Split the eggs in half lengthwise and dump the yolks into a mixing bowl. Put the whites on a plate or baking dish. If some of the eggs are super broken or ugly, just put those in the mixing bowl too. Pro tip – buy peeled hard boiled eggs!
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixing bowl. Start with 1 tablespoon of the Old Bay – you can add more, but you can’t take it out! I like to puree the yolks with an immersion blender or a mini food processor. A fork or potato masher will work but the finished product will look rustic. It will taste fantastic, just not as cute. Taste the filling and adjust the seasoning. Put the filling into a piping bag or a Ziploc bag (why clean when you don’t have to?!?) If you are not serving right away, pop the bag of filling on top of the whites, wrap in plastic and stick in the fridge up to 48 hrs in advance. Don’t fill until service time.
- Snip the corner of the bag and squeeze in some filling. Garnish with a sprinkle of chives or Old Bay and eat! So yummy!
*DO NOT BE STINGY WITH THE MAYO OR USE LIGHT!!! This is a celebration food! If you want it extra rich, take out 2 tablespoons of the mayo and replace with 2 tablespoons of softened cream cheese.
*If there is extra filling, boil a few more eggs and mash them up with the filling to make super yummy egg salad. Or, you know, squirt it onto a cracker when nobody is looking…