Cheesy, corny, hot and delicious. Plus you can make it as spicy (or not!) as you like. We throw this together for almost any time a beer or Margarita is in order. It freezes well before baking and can be made 2 days before you want to eat it. Another bonus – heat the Corn Dip in your slow cooker so it stays warm during the party, or put it in the oven.
- 1 pound corn – frozen, canned or fresh off the cob
- 1 cup Mayo or Sour Cream – not low fat!
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 pound Shredded Cheese of your choosing. Pepper Jack, Colby Jack, Cheddar, Mozzarella, or Fundido are great. Mix it up!
- Something Spicy – 4 oz of green chiles, roasted Poblano peppers, pickled jalapenos. If yo want it mild, you can substitute pimentos or diced bell peppers for color
- If you are baking now, preheat the oven to 350* and get out a pie dish or other shallow baking dish. Also grab a large bowl and a hand mixer.
- Put the mayo/sour cream and cream cheese in the bowl and give it a good mix until it is a little fluffy. Add the corn, about 3/4 of the cheese and the peppers. You can season with salt and pepper here, but it doesn’t really need it. Mix everything up with a spatula until it is evenly combined.
- Pour the corn mix into the pie dish (it does not need to be buttered!) or into a slow cooker. Top with the rest of the shredded cheese. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown and delicious or let it get good and gooey in the slow cooker on low for about 1.5 hours.
- Serve with lots of Corn Tortilla Chips!