Sometimes I have “this and that” in the fridge and freezer. A little puff pastry scrap, a little cheese, a little jam. I like to turn nothing into something. You already love Bits and Pieces Lasagna, so meet his little friends…Brie Puffs!
Feel free to make with fresh ingredients instead of leftovers, and switch up the jam to your taste!
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, cut into mini wedges or chunks
- 1 pound Puff Pastry, defrosted
- 3 ounces (about) Pumpkin Butter, any Jam/Preserves
- 2 ounces Candied Pecans, Slivered Almonds (or even chocolate chips!)
- Get all of your ingredients out, plus a small knife, a biscuit cutter (if you want to be fancy) and a baking sheet.
- Cut a piece of puff pastry, top with a wedge of brie, a bit of jam and some nuts. Fold the puff over the cheese and press to seal. If you did not cut your puff large enough, just put another piece on top, like a ravioli. Move the brie puff to the baking sheet. Repeat until you have used up all the goodies.
- Freeze the baking sheet until the puffs are solid, about 2 hours, then move them to a zip top bag and keep frozen until you crave some buttery, cheesy goodness.
- When you are ready to eat, preheat the oven to 400*. Place the puffs on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown and delicious, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 3 minutes before devouring.