Sometimes you need to taste the best season all year round – this grilled cheese packs all of the comfy coziness of fall into every delicious bite! Don’t be like me – reach for a non-stick pan!
For 2 Sandwiches:
- 4 slices good bread – Sourdough, Whole Wheat or Bakery White
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Apple Butter or Pumpkin Butter
- 4 oz shredded cheese – Gruyere, Havarti, Cheddar or Gouda
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- pinch of chopped sage or rosemary (optional)
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on 1 side of each of the bread slices. Sprinkle the butter with the Parmesan cheese, then flip the slices over. I like to do this on a sheet pan so the cheese is contained.
- Spread 1 tablespoon (or more!) of apple/pumpkin butter on each piece of bread. Then sprinkle 2 ounces of cheese on 2 of the slices. Add the herbs, if you are interested. Flip the bread with no cheese onto the cheesy slices to make a sandwich.
- Heat a medium pan (non-stick works best) over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of butter. When the butter is foamy, add the sandwiches and cover the pan. Cook for 4 minutes. Add the remaining butter, flip the sandwiches, cover again and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove the sandwiches to a plate and let cool for a minute before slicing in half – triangles are best – and devouring!