You might have noticed that I love corn. And fresh herbs. And pasta. Yeah, all of those things. Plus some Parmesan for good measure. And Heavy Cream. Ok, so it has all of my food groups – carbs, fat, and cheese. Just missing wine! Not to worry, it goes perfectly with some Sauvignon Blanc!
- 1/2 pound dry pasta, cooked – I like something short and ridged, like Campanelle or penne
- 3 cups corn – 4 ears kernelsfresh – divided
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt, Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh soft Summer herbs – Mint, Basil, Parsley and Chives (or any combination)
- Cook your pasta in well salted boiling water and drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- In a blender, combine 2 cups of corn kernels with the Parmesan cheese and heavy cream, seasoning well with salt and pepper. Process until fairly smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the puree and the pasta water, along with the chili flake to the pot you cooked the pasta in (or a new one…I don’t do your dishes!) and bring to a simmer. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Add the pasta and the remaining corn kernels and mix well to warm thru. Stir in the herbs, taste for seasoning and enjoy warm or room temperature.
This recipe works perfectly fine with frozen, defrosted corn kernels. Not as well with canned corn.