Sometimes you need a pretty pink sauce to make life complete. This one has the added benefits of fiber and vitamin C!
- (1) 750 ml bottle of Rose
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 pounds strawberries – fresh or frozen, cut in pieces
- 1 pound rhubarb – chopped, no leaves!
- 8 oz dried figs, cut in pieces
- pinch of Kosher Salt
- In a 4 quart sauce pan, combine the Rose, sugar and ginger. Put it on a medium flame and let reduce to 1 cup, it will be a syrup. Stir once in a while.
- When the wine is reduced add the rest of the goodies. Stir to coat all of the fruit in the yummy ginger rose syrup. Keep the flame on medium and cook until the strawberries and rhubarb fall apart. The figs will remain chunky.
* I love this on a plain cake or ice cream. It’s also great swirled into yogurt or spread on a nice wedge of brie cheese. Actually, a spoon is a pretty great vehicle for eating this compote.