Ever had a fresh tortilla, hot from the skillet? Change up your Taco Tuesday with this simple treat! The ratios make enough tortillas for 2 people. Multiply to make more.
- 1 cup masa harina
- 3/4 cup water – room temp
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat a heavy skillet or griddle over medium. Take a gallon size zip top bag and cut down the side seams. Leave the bottom on, so it opens like a folder.
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together with your fingers. When the dough turns into a ball, place on a clean counter and knead gently for 2 minutes when.
- Pinch off a 2″ chunk of dough. Roll out inside the baggie folder until very thin, about 1/8″. Stack the tortillas between layers of parchment or kitchen towels while you roll them all out.
- When all of the tortillas are rolled out, raise the heat under the skillet to high. Wait until it is smoking, then add a tortilla or two, if the skillet is large. Wait 30 seconds, flip the tortilla. Cook 30 more seconds, flip again. After 30 seconds, give the tortilla a final flip. 30 more seconds, and you are done. If you are counting that is 2 minutes total. Keep the tortillas warm in a kitchen towel.