All holidays at my parent’s house are chock full of “squares,” the name that I gave savory kugels as a little girl. This one is particularly delicious and easy. If you want to make it gluten free, substitute some ground almonds for the dusting of matza meal.
- 30 eggs, beaten
- 14 ounces Parve onion soup mix
- 64 ounces mayonnaise
- 8 pounds frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted
- Matza meal to dust – about 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350* and coat (2) 9” x 13” baking dishes with non-stick spray or olive oil. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of matza meal over the bottom of each dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, mayonnaise, onion soup mix, salt and pepper. Mix in the broccoli. Divide the mixture evenly between the two dishes and spread smooth. Dust the tops with remaining matza meal. Sprinkle with paprika to give it a little Gidge Flair!
- Bake for 45 – 60 minutes until top is golden and edges are slightly puffed.